Digestive enzymes play an important role in assisting the digestive process. It enhances the breakdown of food in the stomach and intestines for better digestion and assimilation of nutrients. The supplementation of a comprehensive blend of enzymes to each meal can significantly assist digestion and help to alleviate digestive disorders such as heartburn, bloating, gas, and stomach upset. Inflammation in the digestive tract caused by food allergies, intestinal permeability or infections can result in a deficiency in the production of digestive enzymes. Besides, low stomach acid production associated with aging also put your enzymes reserve at risk and result in poor digestion. Most importantly, if your body is constantly under chronic or prolonged stress and you are not getting your 8 hours sleep every night, it can raise the” fight or flight” hormone that negatively affect the enzymatic activities in the gut as well. Therefore, taking enzymes before each meal helps to enhance proper digestion and assimilation of nutrients for optimal health and immunity.
There are so many digestive enzyme blends out there in the market, how would you know if you are taking the right one for your gut? Join us as we unfold the keys to finding the right digestive enzymes for a healthy gut. Answer the following questions below and if you say yes to most of them, congratulations, you are on the right track to doing the right thing for your gut and yourself.
1. Indulge in whatever you like – Can you eat whatever you want (dairy, high starchy food, gassy-producing vegetables, and high protein diets etc.) without having to worry about the gas that is going to come after that? If yes, you are taking the right formula.
2. The connection between gut health and immunity – You never seem to get sick from the cold and flu and you have a strong immune system in check. Or simply put it this way, you are likely to recover quickly when you are sick. If yes, you are good.
3. Indigestion or bloating – After consuming a full meal together with your enzymes, do you get the “after-meal” comfort and never get bothered by the indigestion or bloating sensation? If yes, you are on the right track of taking the right enzymes for your health.
4. How are your bathroom visits? – Are you having one or more regular bowel movements a day without having to push hard or waiting for something to come out? If yes, lucky you, your enzymes are doing a wonderful job to your exit.
5. Sleep quality – Do you wake up feeling awake without having to go for a cup of coffee? Do you feel refreshed and emotionally balanced upon wakening? If yes, your digestive enzymes did a good job in thoroughly digesting all your post-bedtime meals.
6. Energy potential – You feel great all the time and your energy level is never ending. You are constantly running at tip top efficiency and hardly feel tired after a long day. If yes, your enzymes are doing their job well in ensuring you have all the energy you need to enjoy life to the fullest.
7. Hydrochloric acid – Approximately 90% of us produce too little stomach acid and when stomach acid is measured in those suffering from heartburn and GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), it is almost always low, not high. Betaine HCL helps your body to better absorb vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and nutrients. It is very effective at reducing the risk of bacterial overgrowth in the stomach and intestine. Does your enzyme formula contain Betaine HCL? If yes, there you go!
Choosing the right enzyme formula can make a positive influence to your digestive health and provide complete nutritional care to you and your family. In addition, it is important to remember that having a healthy digestion starts with healthy eating habits and regular exercise. The key is to slow down and allow yourself to fully enjoy the food so that your body can break it down into digestible components for the overall well-being.